UCSF's Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) program developed the Global Research HUB to address the special compliance issues and logistics that arise in conducting international research. The Global HUB serves to leverage expertise from CTSI's Global Health (GH) Program, Regulatory Knowledge and Support (RKS) Program, and the UCSF Office of Ethics and Compliance to create a go-to resource for international researchers.
Global Health Accomplishments
- Evaluates hundreds of travelers for immunization and prophylaxis needs at the Global Health-sponsored UCSF Travel Clinic (opened in July 2009)
- Works with Risk Management to develop resources on liability coverage for international clinical trials
- Maintains a UCSF international projects database to provide information on over 3,000 projects conducted by more than 400 UCSF faculty in 119 countries. The database allows users to search for international activities and awards at UCSF, to create reports, and identify potential partnerships
- Provides international project support and resources for budgeting, grants, logistics, and travel information through a web portal for UCSF faculty, staff, and students conducting research abroad
- Strengthens the UCSF global health research community by addressing regulatory, budgetary, and travel safety issues, and building global health community connections and collaborations based on faculty recommendations and priorities.