Investigators are encouraged to use this checklist to ensure research is being conducted appropiately in international settings:
- Are the government standards for review of research in place?
- What type of agreements are in place at your partner institution?
- Are there other UCSF projects with experience there?
- The Office of Research Development has tools to develop a project. Budget for allowable international costs.
- Use these tools to keep down travel and shipping costs.
- Is the Host Site an NGO, Hospital, School or University?
- Who is the local Research Mentor? What is their affiliation?
- What is the name and contact information for the local IRB/IEC/Ethics Board ?
- What are the requirements of the local IRB/IEC/Ethics Board?
- What is the local time frame for review?
Some IRBs have fees for review, these should be budgeted in the initial proposal.
Need more information? Contact the Global HUB